Disclaimer

Any identifying information (age, gender, location, yadda yadda yadda) about school, hospital staff, and patients has been changed to protect their privacy.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Break.

So Spring Break is here, and I love it. Okay, I won't exactly love it starting tomorrow because that is when I start slaving away with homeworks and studying and what not.

That said, this past 5 days of a very much needed break have been wonderful. This past weekend I went on a little trip to a beach, we fished, we did puzzle, I finished a book. Yesterday and today, I slept in, I youtubed (very addicting), and I shopped. Maaaarvelous time I say!

And in case you didn't notice, I said I FINISHED reading a book! My first one this year, and my first in MONTHS! This may sound ridiculous to you, but finishing this book is one of the things I most proud of in the last 9 months. I love to read, and I usually (meaning pre-nursing school) read a book--if not 2--a month, it depends, but all in all I read regularly. That changed once I started nursing school, since last August I could only recall reading 4 books. That is sad.

My read list has grown longer and longer, I've wanted to read so badly, yet I kept telling myself I had not time and I'd feel guilty if I'm straying from those daunting nursing textbooks. But that ended earlier this month when I braved myself into a budget bookstore and grabbed me 2 books. TWO! I didn't know buying books could make me that happy, and finishing made me even more so.

Somewhere in the middle of the school chaos, I found time, I found it therapeutic, and I fell in love all over again with reading. And yes, I realized that sounds the so cheesy, but dammit, I didn't feel guilty about having a me time and I'm going to brag about it! Okay so, book numero uno, Middlesex by the way, is done, book numero dos, Snow falling on Cedars, is next. Also next are studying for big Acute test #2, Acute and OB care plans, journal papers, discussion papers, and some kind of project I haven't even look at.

My Spring Break ends today. Boo....

Update on the internship: NONE. Letter still has not arrived. I'm getting antsier and antsier by day.

No comments: