Disclaimer

Any identifying information (age, gender, location, yadda yadda yadda) about school, hospital staff, and patients has been changed to protect their privacy.

Friday, March 21, 2008

Ack.

So this is what the week after Spring Break looks like for me:

Monday
-0900-0900: Tutoring (I'm a tutor, I need money).
-0900-1100: Big Acute test #2.
-1100-1200: They make us sit for a lecture after test.
-1200-1400:Tutoring.
-Must. exercise. afterward.

Tuesday
-0800-1300: Lectures.
-1330-?: Pick up patient.
-The rest of the day: Drugs sheets and prepping for clinical the next day.

Wednesday
-0645-1600/1700: Clinical and post conference.
-The rest of the day: CRASH.

Thursday
-Before 2 pm: prepping for clinical, last minute care plan/paperworks.
-3pm-11pm: clinical and post conference.

Friday
-1100-1500 or more: Shadowing in the PICU.
-1900-2200: Care group at church.

Saturday
-1100-1500 or more: Shadowing in the OR.
-1730: HAIRCUT!!! Exciting because it took me months to finally call in to schedule, I blame it on nursing school. It's either I didn't have time or I simply forgot. My hair is now caveman style.

In all of this, also fit it time to do care plans, journals/discussions/module for those annoying online classes, and study. Oh and an hour commute to and from school. Now that I put it down in writing, it doesn't look that bad, and I just realized I'll be at the hospital Wednesday-Saturday o_o. But I'm quite excited actually because of the shadowing. I greatly enjoy it, when else can I taste the different department if not now when I'm still a student? I can't wait for Friday and Saturday.

Have a great weekend and Happy Easter!

No comments: