Disclaimer

Any identifying information (age, gender, location, yadda yadda yadda) about school, hospital staff, and patients has been changed to protect their privacy.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

The one with the job interview, part deux.

So a magnet hospital in town called Tuesday evening to schedule an interview for the externship job this summer. This is the only hospital in town I applied to and I've been waiting for this call, so it was a nice to finally heard from them. It's the same hospital I had my problematic (see previous post) Acute clinical at, and when they called, I was actually there picking up a patient. Anyhoo, interview is scheduled for Monday afternoon after class.

I haven't heard from the out of town externship I had the phone interview for. I should hear from it sometimes next week, or the week after at the latest. We shall see.

I think I'm handling the anxiety/fear/nervous level I wrote about the previous post about Acute clinical better this week. I wasn't as much of a wreck as I had been two weeks before, and that's a good improvement. I think my charge nurse was part of the reason too, she was so nice and helpful, plus my CI knows who the R.N. well and trusts her. Hence, I was left alone for the most part. Also, CI let me do a procedure (empty and change a stoma bag and stoma care) with an R.N. without her being in the room! When I first told CI the opportunity had come up and asked if she could be there so I can do it, I was thinking I'd be lucky if she even wants me to do it and be in the room, let alone leave with me with the nurse, because she's very adamant about us not being able to do anything if she's not there, even if we have the R.N. teaching/watching.

So this week was a week of surprises, a good week to my anxiety and worry ridden self. Also, prayers work, they really do.

No comments: