Disclaimer

Any identifying information (age, gender, location, yadda yadda yadda) about school, hospital staff, and patients has been changed to protect their privacy.

Friday, March 7, 2008

Oh baby!

I don't know if I like the fact that babies just pop out whenever, wherever, and however they want. Las night I was on mother-baby, which, I'm not going to lie, tres boring. The mama was progressing very slowly, only opening 1 cm more every 2 hours. She was 3 cm when I came and was 5 cm an hour before I had to leave. In the meanwhile, my friend's patient had the baby within 30 minutes of us stepping on the floor. My other friend's patient had the baby 2 hours later. So there I was thinking, well that's it for me, no birth witnessing for me tonight. Bah humbug....

But half an hour before I had to leave for post conference, my nurse check the cervix because patient said she was having a lot of pressure in her pelvic. Lo and behold, we got a 10 cm and a baby in the birth canal on its way out. Alright! Let's get this show started!

The birth went smoothly, plus, my instructor wasn't mad that I was late to post conference. In my defense, I was by the bed and can't get out anyway with the doctors and the equipment tray in the way. Honest to blog, I was stuck, and heck yeah I'm glad I was stuck!

By the way, this letter for the out of town externship just could not come any slower. I wanna knoooooooooowwwwwwww!!!!

No comments: