Disclaimer

Any identifying information (age, gender, location, yadda yadda yadda) about school, hospital staff, and patients has been changed to protect their privacy.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Recuperating.

Ike has passed, but boy did leave some imprints in this city. Some parts of town are better than the other, some are worst, some have electricity back already, some don't. People are starting to get out of the house, searching for gas for their cars, searching for hot food that they can't cook at home, searching for basic supplies such as water, ice, batteries. Traffic lights are swinging from the post, tree branches blocking the street, fences broken on the ground, signs and billboards torn. Those are some of the scenes I saw as I drove today. The good thing is that I don't see much flooding.

I think I can safely say that all schools are out tomorrow, including mine, meaning Peds exam #1 will be postponed. I'm glad it's postponed because none of us was able to concentrate on studying amidst the chaos that is this hurricane. We don't know when school will reopen, but we have been warned by our instructors that they will do whatever it is to catch us up with our syllabus, even when it means coming to class on the weekends or other extra days/hours. So it's also safe to say that my schedule is going to be even more bizarre after all of this.

So that's a weekend with Ike. I hope there will be nothing like this anymore in the future.

ETA pictures:


No comments: