Disclaimer

Any identifying information (age, gender, location, yadda yadda yadda) about school, hospital staff, and patients has been changed to protect their privacy.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bottom.

I failed my first Psych exam today. Even though I kind of had an idea that I won't do too well and that I might even fail, it still stings when I actually realized that I had indeed failed this exam, miserably at that.

Due to Ike, I had 2 exams between yesterday and today, plus all of the wedding hoopla last week proof to be a mighty hell of a distraction. I knew that it wasn't going to be well for me, having to manage however little study time I've got left for 2 subjects. I'm trying not to blame other thing or people, I have myself to blame. I wish I have better time management skill, I wish I can focus better. As much as I want to blame the wedding for taking away my study time, I don't think it's fair for me to do so. It's my brother getting married, I was expected to help and and be at family dinners. I did have a good time at the wedding, not as much as I'd like though, I have to admit that. In the back of my mind, I was constantly panicking about the lack of studying I've done all week.

But oh wells, what is done is done. I failed. Official grade has not been posted, but we did a review after the exam and based on how many wrongs I counted, I knew I didn't pass. I'm so angry at myself, so disappointed. I have never failed to this level of craptastic in my academic career. Never. I failed my first Assessment exam back in Junior I, but my grade was only 1 point shy of the passing grade. This time? I don't even think if my instructors throw out some questions will help me. I really did screw up that bad.

Perhaps, this is the kick in the ass that I needed to get serious and get my focus back on school. I know I'll get back on my feet, put this behind, and think positively for the upcoming exams, but for the time being I'm moping and beating myself for this.

No comments: