Disclaimer

Any identifying information (age, gender, location, yadda yadda yadda) about school, hospital staff, and patients has been changed to protect their privacy.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Scribbles from a bored student

If I could take pictures without it being obvious to the instructor, you would see both friends on my left and right texting the outside world on their phones. Neither of us paying attention. Such model students are we.....

Anyway,

I shadowed in the OR yesterday and in level II nursery today. I put in my first Foley, scrubbed the patient with disinfectant, fed and changed a premiee, it was an interesting experience overall. I definitely enjoy working with the preemies the most, wasn't too crazy about the OR. Well, I guess being a scrub nurse could be fun, getting to watch the procedure up close and being occupied throughout rather than being the circulating nurse.

I also had the chance to walked around the NICU and talked to the nurses there as well. That was the best part of today because I've always wanted to be a NICU nurse, so having to see and hear about what it was like was great. The nurses there were such a riot, they're so funny and wonderful too, I love them.

'Tis a fabulous weekend, I hope yours is/was too. :)

No comments: