Disclaimer

Any identifying information (age, gender, location, yadda yadda yadda) about school, hospital staff, and patients has been changed to protect their privacy.

Friday, December 7, 2007

Not so brandnew anymore.

I just volunteered at the school's new students orientation today, and it's minboggling to realize that three months ago I was one of those newbies, nervous and confused about what is to come.

Today, I gave the incoming newbies information about the scrubs they need (all hail the elastic pants! Drawstrings hate me, they keep falling off on me!), which sthetoscope is good (Littman is your friend, your expensive friend that is), what supplies they really need to get (blood pressure cuff? Won't need it until 3rd semester Community class; clipboard? Good for something to write on, a hassle to carry around), and answered questions about the classes & professors (Concepts sucks, and yes, it's OK to skip lectures as long as you know which one, and you'll love your Patho and Pharm instructors).

It is a very strange feeling to realize how clueless I really was and to see how much I've gained in just three months. It's crazy! And those newbies, they're so fresh and unassuming, and all I can say to them is "Buckle up because it's going to be one hell of a ride!"

No comments: