Disclaimer

Any identifying information (age, gender, location, yadda yadda yadda) about school, hospital staff, and patients has been changed to protect their privacy.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Save me.

So in 2007, my oldest brother and his wife welcomed twin daughters, and another older brother married. That means out of the three children they have, my parents have married two of them off and even gained grandchildren.

Do you want to know what that also means?!

They have one more they need to marry off.

Me.

And you know what that means?!

My mother's evolving into Mrs. Bennet.

I sadly informed that it has begun. She's in the early phase, not a full blown case yet but oh I have no doubt it will. She will become borderline Mrs. Bennet if I'm not in a serious relationship by the time I'm over 25, and she will be Mrs. Bennet if I'm not married by the time I'm 30.

Look, I could care less about this. I'm taking my time, no rush, but my mother? Oh sweet baby Jesus, give her PATIENCE this Christmas, will you?! If I were to stop the horror of my mother's evolution into a Mrs. Bennet, I have less than 3 years to find me a man and get us into a serious relationship. Otherwise, I'll start to combust from Mother's pressure. Can you say, boom?

My father, on the other hand, is perfectly assuming the role of Mr. Bennet. He's been calm and has not pressed on the issue, but I think that's because for the most part he's quietly thinking no one could ever fully deserve his beloved favorite only daughter.

Thank God, my parents live literally continents apart from me.

1 comment:

StephanieMichelle said...

. . . shes in Indo. . . You are here. . maybe if you leave the state she will NEVER know if you are in a relationship or not. . just a thought. . .ONE WEEK!