Disclaimer

Any identifying information (age, gender, location, yadda yadda yadda) about school, hospital staff, and patients has been changed to protect their privacy.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Relief.

I passed the head to toe check off, huzzaaaahh!!!

Our group started at 1 pm and I was the last person to go. Waiting, he is not my friend, not at all. The group met at 12 to prepare our presentation on Monday and we were very calm and collected, that is until our instructor stepped into the room to chat for a bit then left to get the exam room ready, then it hit us that "Holy crap this is it!" and the stomach started doing flip flop and gah! *diesdead*

But we all did well and passed, phew. A few fumbles here and there and definitely some laughable moments between my lab partner and I, but it was all in good fun. What made my day the most was the first thing my instructor said to me on my evaluation, "You need to be a Nurse Practitioner, you got it. You're that good, one of the best I've ever had." If that didn't send me over the moon, I don't know what would. I was so dumbfounded, I only managed a meek "Really?"

At the end of the semester like this, when I'm already too tired to get my lazy butt up to gear up for finals and goshdarnit I want this to be over and dammit I want my Christmas break now, a comment like that truly made my day, if not my whole semester. I was looking forward for something from my clinical evaluation, but my CI gave generic scores on everyone's evaluation sheet and only briefly touched down on our individual performance.

However, today I got what I was looking for. The affirmation that yes, I am doing something right, and not only on tests, but on skills; that yes, after months of that self esteem shooting low
due to um, not knowing what the heck am I doing because I'm a first year, I am actually capable of doing this. All I needed was that evaluation and encouragement she gave, and I knew I could do this again next semester.

Oh, and a bunch of us went out to celebrate our head to toe passing tonight. Hmm, margaritas and sushi are yummy. :D

1 comment:

XE said...

Congratulations!!!! That's awesome Cee! Way to go!!!