Disclaimer

Any identifying information (age, gender, location, yadda yadda yadda) about school, hospital staff, and patients has been changed to protect their privacy.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Gobble Gobble

I'm done with the last exams before finals start, in which I got 96 on Concepts, 90 on Pharmacology, 85 on Assessment. Mwaahahhaa....

Thanksgiving break is finally here, but heh, I'm not really excited because Thanksgiving break = practicing for head to toe check off = NO FUN! Plus, I'm going on a church trip--a 12 hour bus trip. Needless to say, I'm bringing my Assessment book, stethoscope, reflex hammer, pen light, and what have you with me, and you bet your bottom dollar I'd be practicing on my roommate any chance I get a break. The poor thing....

Oh, so on Sunday whilst at the neighborhood Starbucks (studying of course), the barista said a completely different thing than the medical center Starbucks barista. This one said, "I love your outfit, it's very Audrey Hepburn!" Hah! Them non medical center baristas are so sheltered from the world of sleep deprived and stressed out health related students....

Today, I woke up at 10:20 am. 10:20! That's the latest I've slept in for in like 6 months, though after waking up at 4 am the last 7 Tuesdays, I was frantic when I saw 10:20 on the clock.

First, I thought "WTH?! Why am I not at the hospital?!"
Second, I thought my CI is going to kill me.
Third, I thought it's going to take at least 10 minutes trying to locate my scrubs amidst the pile of clothes on in my room.
Fourth, I thought, "Oh, wait a minute...."
Fifth, I thought "Dammit, I could've studied more head to toe had I woken up earlier!!!"

Gah, my head is so screwed. There is nothing up there beside school, hospital, and studying. My bestfriend informed me this weekend that she got stressed just by watching me study. Meanwhile, my other bestfriend, who is studying to be a Physician Assistant, studied with me while she was in town visiting during her in-between-rotation break. I guess I'm not alone in the world of nerdyness....

Anyway, I have to start packing for the trip. I wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving, eat aplenty and be safe!

No comments: