Disclaimer

Any identifying information (age, gender, location, yadda yadda yadda) about school, hospital staff, and patients has been changed to protect their privacy.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Avaiable for hire.

I think I'm more productive when on bedrest than not.

I mean, I submitted job applications to 2 different hospitals already, and the only reason I didn't apply to the third one was becasue I'm too sick to get one document scanned.

Anyway.

Raise your hand if you think applying for a real job is scary? *raises hand*

Goodness gracious, I didn't know it could be that scary. I don't know, maybe it was the fear of rejection or something, but I was reading whatever it is over and over before I finally clicked submit. It's your life you're putting on the frontline. All your education and accomplishments that you hope are good enough to get you hired to do what you want to do for the rest of your life. I'm not one to beg, but after every job application I'm all, "Please, love me, want me, HIRE ME!" Okay, not a good idea to say that to the recuiter, that has crazy not mentally healthy written all over it....

So application to hospital A was submitted yesterday. I seriously wasn't expecting much of it because it was a very competitive hospital and my friend, who I think has better qualifications than me, had applied there before and received a rejection email. Sure enough, I got the rejection email on the same day I applied, which made me wonder if they sent out that email automatically. You know how you get an automated email after you applied saying your application has been successful? Well, with this hospital, you also get an automated rejection email. Because seriously, I think both of us are pretty darn good candidates. Heck, I even had letter of recommendation to boot. It really made me wonder what kind of super applicant they say yes to. Robot applicant maybe....

Application to hospital B was submitted today. This is the hospital I interned at last summer, so you can say I do have inside connection. I knew the recruiter, I have met briefly with the manager of the unit I want to work at, so I've given them head ups that I've applied. However, this doesn't make it less nerve wracking though. They did say that they have never turned away an intern, and my friend did assure me that we are already in, but still, it's a freaking real job on the line here! I have higher hope on this one than hospital A, of course. So we shall wait for a call back.

Hospital C, I'll hopefully apply tomorrow. I think I'll feel good enough tomorrow to go somewhere with a scanner for one more document and then I'm ready to submit. It's another competitive hospital--heck, all three of these are--but I somehow have hope too on this one, unlike hospital A, to which I felt rather indifference about. Out of the three, this one has the toughest criterie, I actually don't fit one of them but screw that, I'm still apllying. My GPA is thisclose to their 3.5 requirement and I just got invited to the nursing honor society. That should count for something, right? I have nothing to lose, I'm applying anyway.

So that is the tale of my job applying process. Less than a year ago, I did the same thing for an externship job and I got what I wanted. So here's to getting the nursing job I want (and need) this year!

No comments: