Disclaimer

Any identifying information (age, gender, location, yadda yadda yadda) about school, hospital staff, and patients has been changed to protect their privacy.

Friday, January 9, 2009

Silenced.

Today was supposed to be an exciting day. My bestfriend is getting married tomorrow, and today is the wedding rehearsal, and we're all getting so pumped up already.

But this morning I woke up with a call, informing me that one of our friends at church has died this morning at the hospital. I knew she has been in the hospital for 3 weeks already, admitted from bouts of stomach ache and throwing up to a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer stage 3, but I still didn't see this news coming. I saw her last on New YearIt's Eve, she was weak but in good spirit. She was only 28 years old.

I'm saddened, for her family and for all of us who have lost such a sweet and kind friend. She is loved by many and will be missed. I'm asking everyone to send her family good thoughts and prayers, even if you don't know them.

It's just a reminded, once again, that life is simply too short and we will never know where it's going to take us. Here we are, ready to celebrate this wedding tomorrow, almost everyone at church is involved or at least will be at the wedding, yet today, we received this horrible news. It's ironic. She was going to be an usher at the wedding, but I believe this morning the angels has ushered her into the gates he heaven.

I will miss you, L.

No comments: