Disclaimer

Any identifying information (age, gender, location, yadda yadda yadda) about school, hospital staff, and patients has been changed to protect their privacy.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

SERIOUSLY??!!

Like I don't have enough with the test anxiety this morning, I just had to fall down the stairs this morning as I was leaving my house. The universe hates me. What have I done to you, oh dear mighty universe, to have incur this wrath of yours??!!

Because really, I was already freaked out enough about the exam, and I was going the last half of the stairwell when I suddenly tripped, landed on my shins, proceeded to sled uncontrollably down the stairs, and in the process managed to bang my right wrist. Apparently nursing school has caused me an altered motor function or something, because I wasn't even wearing heels! I was wearing flats as flat as a Tanner II breast! Now I have a 4 cm ecchymosis on my wrist (on the carpometacarpal joint site to be exact) that is tender to touch and slightly edematous. *grumbles*

Needless to say, after being a little shaken after the tumble, I went to school and took the exam. Let me just say that faculty should just hand us Lorazepam as they hand out the exam, because really, we all need an antianxiety this semester. Anyway, I passed the test with a higher than expected grade.

I know what you're thinking, and I'm telling to stop because no! While you may think there's a correlation between falling down the stairs before exam and making a higher grade, I am not planning to to fall on anymore stairs anywhere. Unless the universe thinks I'm a child of Chucky or something that it feels the need to send me tumbling again.

Dear universe,
I'm nice. I'm kind. I help people. I try to recycle. I try to be mindful to the environment. Please give me a break. Please don't send me tripping and falling anymore. Please don't fail my exams. I promise I'll be even nicer, like do more volunteer work nice or pet Cookie the dog more kind of nice. Capiche?
Kthanxbye.

No comments: